We need to work on a range of language skills that will enable a broader, richer, and more compassionate experience of the world – how we deepen our understanding of how to communicate with other people using our own and other languages and associated customs.
- Do I have a plan to improve my language skills, enabling myself to make the necessary progress in my learning?
- Have I set myself a high standard to become fluent in another language over the course of my education?
- Am I prepared to make mistakes along the way, even if I feel insecure and concerned about immediately attaining mastery?
- Do I use multiple means to develop my foreign language skills, including reading, using social media, formal study, and making good use of my work and friend circles?
- Do I work hard every day to improve my communication skills in the language of my choice?