FINANCES AND PERSONAL DEBT
We need to work through the best ways to manage our finances and personal debt – how we make specific choices about what level of personal debt we will and will not take on to support the lifestyles that we might choose to lead.
"I love money. I love everything about it. I bought some pretty good stuff. Got me a $300 pair of socks. Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too."
- Do I thoroughly research what it’s going to cost to support my education, including tuition, school expenses and living costs?
- Do I use apps or other tools to inform me and keep me honest about my expenses and income on a daily basis?
- Do I set aside enough money each month to put into a savings account, knowing that this can make a difference?
- Do I exercise self-discipline in controlling my expenses to ensure that I am in good financial shape?
- Do I know the consequences for my financial security and my credit rating if I do not pay my bills?