EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT SKILLS
Evaluation and assessment refer to how you can use both evidence and intuition to measure and make decisions about the progress you are making and the success you are achieving as you learn, live, lead, lead and work on your journey of exploration, encounter and discovery. It takes courage to confront the reality that some things that you do are not yet good enough to meet the standards required and to achieve your goals. It can be hard to separate this objective reality from how you feel about yourself as a person. But if you don’t measure how far you have come on your journey and reflect on and make decisions about what you have learned along the way, you can never be sure about what you have really done towards realising your purpose.
- Am I constantly reflecting on my goal-setting process to ensure that I am on the right path and using the right tools to get there?
- Do I bravely welcome feedback of various sorts in order to improve my performance?
- Do I bring balance and reasoning to decisions and actions, assessing whether conclusions and judgments are evidence-informed, soundly determined and appropriate to the circumstances?
- Am I good at assessing my knowledge, skills, dispositions and habits, finding out what I need to learn and to be better in achieving my goals?
- Do I identify and work on the knowledge, skills, dispositions and habits that I can transfer from other areas of strength that might help me expand my repertoire of competencies and enhance my progress?